Most nootropics are cholinergic in nature. They improve focus, attention, and verbal fluency. But the other class of nootropics, dopaminergics, work on motivation and are epically useful.
I’ve taken cholinergic nootropics for a long time. They include:
- Uridine monophosphate
- CDP Choline
- Cortex stack
And others. And they’re all really great. They work on improving a variety of mental faculties, but aren’t exclusive to motivation.
The other class if compounds, dopaminergics, have become increasingly attractive to me over the years. These nootropics work on the neurotransmitter dopamine, either by increasing it directly (like in the case of L-Tyrosine), or modulating its receptors (like in the case of Uridine monophosphate). And they’re really pretty awesome.
And in my recent experiments with trying to find good solid combinations of dopaminergic, motivating nootropics, I discovered a pretty powerful motivation nootropic stack that works quite well, lasts long, and doesn’t require a whole lot to put together. It is:
- 300MG Phenylalanine (converts to Dopamine)
- 400MG L-Tyrosine (converts to Dopamine, epinephrine, and norepinephrine)
- 300MG ALCAR (improves mental energy by increasing fatty acid usage in brain cell mitochondria)
And this is a powerful motivation stack. A few instructional protocols and details:
- Take on a relatively empty stomach. Some food is fine.
- Take heed when stacking with caffeine (having caffeine in the mix): this stack is extremely stimulatory, and might over-stimulate you if you take caffeine with it.
- It should onset within 15-30 minutes.
- It should last 3-6 solid hours.
- Don’t take the stack past 7PM, to minimize the potential for sleep interruptions/issues due to the stimulation carrying over into the later hours.